A message from the team:
We are delighted to confirm the full reopening of our hotel and restaurant from Monday 6th July. Whilst we can’t wait to welcome our guests back to our home away from home, the safety of our guests and the team remains our number one priority and we will continue to adhere to the specific government guidance set out for the hospitality industry.
Whilst we have been closed, we have been working on our operational plans and processes in order to ensure that when we reopen our doors, it is with complete confidence that we are able to do so safely. Below you will find an overview as to the key operational initiatives that will be in place from the start of July.
We look forward to welcoming you to the Peacock when you’re ready. If you have any concerns or queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.
We are now taking bookings for our hotel and restaurant. Please call us on 01844 353519 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are running at a reduced capacity to allow social distancing; advanced booking is compulsory. Our take-away service is still available for those still shielding, please read below for details.
The Hotel & Restaurant
· We will be operating a one-way flow system through the main doors and out the side entrance, which will be clearly signposted.
· We will be implementing pre-booked reservations during key service periods (including breakfast) to allow guests and customers more time and space to enjoy meals and ensure their safety.
· We will be operating reduced capacities within all areas to allow social distancing.
· Outdoor seating will be available (weather permitting), pre-booking is required.
· We will be operating table service only. Further measures, such as assigning a single staff member per table will also enhance customer and team safety.
· Unfortunately, we cannot have any people standing while drinking inside the pub, you will need to be seated so please make sure to pre-book a table.
· A reduced number of tables have been positioned to ensure social distancing.
· Self-service of condiments will be limited.
· Protective screens will be implemented where necessary, including the reception and till area.
· Hand sanitiser will always be available and visible at key points throughout the hotel and restaurant.
· We have made changes to our reception area and check-in and check-out process to reduce contact where possible. Contact can be minimised with payment prior to arrival.
· Pre-arrival email communications will provide additional information relating to health and hygiene so that upon arrival you are fully prepared for your stay.
· A stringent new approach to cleaning is being implemented and will be regularly adapted in line with government guidelines.
· For Breakfast, all services will now be served directly to your table.
· Contactless payments will be encouraged where possible, and where this is not possible, payment terminals will be disinfected before and after each use.
· Signage will remain in place throughout our public areas to remind our guests to observe social distancing and handwashing.
· We will choose to leave doors open, where possible, to reduce touchpoints for guests.
· We will be supporting the NHS Test and Trace system by keeping a temporary record of all customers and visitors for 21 days, where data will be used if requested by the NHS.
· Finally, we are reaching out to our wider family of suppliers to ensure their policies and systems are meeting the required industry standards.
· We will be running a limited take-away service for those still shielding. All orders will need to be prepaid over the phone, at the time of ordering.
· The new takeaway menu, as of the 6th July, can be found here. View Menu
· Our main takeaway menu will remain available from 12 to 2 pm and 6 to 8 pm Monday to Saturday, with our Sunday Menu being available from 12 to 6 pm on a Sunday.
· Please call us in advance to place your order.
· All our staff will be provided with the correct and safest Personal Protective Equipment inline with government guidance. PPE will be worn at all times by our staff members.
· Any local health guidelines around the wearing of Personal Protective Equipment will be strictly adhered to by our teams.
· Our team members will all undergo a comprehensive training course before returning to work focusing on a Covid-19 secure workplace and the health and safety of our guests.
· Notice points for the team on handwashing and preventative measures, with a reminder placed in all public bathrooms.
· We will continually be researching and engaging with government guidelines for best practice advice.
· There will be ongoing communications with all team about symptoms and procedures.
In summary, we ask:
· Please adhere to government guidance on social distancing. It currently states that indoor gatherings should be occurring in groups of up to two households (including support bubbles) while outdoor gatherings should only be occurring in groups of up to two households (or support bubbles), or a group of at most six people from any number of households. We ask that you please adhere to this guidance.
· During your stay with us, please wash your hands thoroughly (at least 20 seconds) with soap and water at regular intervals, and please make use of the sanitisation stations.
· If you are feeling unwell, please consider whether you should be coming or not and seek medical advice.